[ANN] Moose 5.0
We are happy to announce Moose 5.0:
This is by far the most extensive Moose release to date. Just take a look at these two trailers:
The key highlights are:
- It is based on Pharo 3.0.
- Roassal2 is a complete reimplementation of the core visual engine of Moose.
- Roassal2 replaced Roassal, EyeSee and Graph-ET, and it features many new things including smooth animations, new composeable builders and several new layouts.
- All built-in Moose visualizations use Roassal2.
- Glamour has been extended with a Pager browser and with Rubric as the main text editor.
- GTSpotter is a new tool that makes it possible to find objects fast.
- GTInspector saw major usability improvements based on the Pager browser, and it now comes with many object specific extensions.
- GTPlayground provides a new way to handle scripts and when combined with GTInspector, it can replace the dedicated easels and editors.
- Moose Finder has been extended with the ability of handling in place visualizations.
- GTDebugger has been strengthen and was made more robust.
- PetitParser has been extended with the notion of context which enables elegant island parsing.
A list of issues addressed in this release can be found *here> http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/list*
The Moose Suite 5.0 comes for each platform as a separate bundle: