Pharo's goal is to deliver a clean, innovative, free open-source environment.
By providing a stable and small core system, excellent developing tools, and maintained releases, Pharo is an attractive platform to build and deploy mission critical applications.
Pharo fosters a healthy ecosystem of both private and commercial contributors who advance and maintain the core system and its external packages.
- A dynamic, pure object-oriented programming language in the tradition of Smalltalk
- An IDE (integrated development environment)
- A huge library and set of external packages
Pharo and Business
The goal of Pharo is to sustain and grow business.
- Pharo is supported by the industrial Pharo consortium.
- Pharo has also an association of users: Pharo association
People around the world contribute to Pharo. (Do not forget to sign the license agreement)
Here are the names of those who directly contributed to the last release, in alphabetical order:
If your name is missing from the above list, send an email to [email protected] with a picture of yourself (PNG file, format 70x70 pixels).
Pharo is opensource
Pharo an opensource project released under the MIT license.
The role of the board is to make decisions if in the future the community can't decide on a course of action.