Currently written book chapters
Pharo Books! We are working on several books on Pharo and related software. We planned: a book on the pharo excellent web stack, a tutorial on it, a follow-up to Deep Into Pharo, a book about fun projects and a book on the hidden treasures of Pharo. If you want to review or help just let us know.
Search through pharodocs
The reference website for documentation about Pharo.
Lean back and watch Pharo screencasts. PharoCasts are cool!
Some introductory casts:
- Create a class (by Kilon)
- Instance variables (by Kilon)
- Workspace variables (by Kilon)
- Playlist for all Kilon Tutorials
- TDD Kata FizzBuzz (by zeroflag)
- TDD Example (by Martin)
Slides of presentations related to Pharo.
Some good talks:
- Pharo Status (Fosdem 2015) (by Marcus)
- Video Pharo: Playing with Live Objects (by Tudor)
- Objects at your finger tips [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
- Pharo 3 [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
- Pharo 4 plans and dreams [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
Pharo by Example, intended for both students and developers, will guide you gently through the Pharo language and environment by means of a series of examples and exercises.
Pharo by Example can be downloaded for free or ordered as a softcover copy.
Deep into Pharo is the second volume of a series of books covering Pharo. Whereas the first volume, Pharo by Example, is intended for newcomers, this second volume covers deeper topics.
Deep into Pharo can be downloaded for free or ordered as a softcover copy.