Community & help
If you have any question regarding Pharo, use StackOverflow. Be sure to tag your question with the pharo tag, so that your question is not lost amongst all the questions on StackOverflow.
- The Pharo-users (browse) mailing list is for users of Pharo. It is a friendly place where any question about Pharo is welcome.
- The Pharo-dev (browse) mailing-list is the main tool of communication concerning the development of Pharo.
- The Pharo-business mailing list is for users of Pharo willing to do business with it.
Browse other available Pharo lists here.
The IRC channel
Join the channel
irc.freenode.net. If you don't have an IRC client, Freenode provides access using a web browser.
We are in the process of setting up a commercial support infrastructure for Pharo. For more information, please contact the Pharo Board.
Lean back and watch Pharo screencasts.
Some introductory casts:
- Create a class (by Kilon)
- Instance variables (by Kilon)
- Workspace variables (by Kilon)
- Playlist for all Kilon Tutorials
- TDD Kata FizzBuzz (by zeroflag)
- TDD Example (by Martin)
Slides of presentations related to Pharo.
Some good talks:
- Video Pharo: Playing with Live Objects (by Tudor)
- Objects at your finger tips [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
- Pharo 3 [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
- Pharo 4 plans and dreams [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
Search through pharodocs
The reference website for documentation about Pharo.
Pharo by Example, intended for both students and developers, will guide you gently through the Pharo language and environment by means of a series of examples and exercises.
Pharo by Example can be downloaded for free or ordered as a softcover copy.
Deep into Pharo is the second volume of a series of books covering Pharo. Whereas the first volume, Pharo by Example, is intended for newcomers, this second volume covers deeper topics.
Deep into Pharo can be downloaded for free or ordered as a softcover copy.
Pharo for the Enterprise
Pharo for the Enterprise is the third volume of a series of books covering Pharo. It is work in progress covering topics important for business use of Pharo.
A very early stage preview PDF of Pharo for the Enterprise can be downloaded.