Community & help
There two excellent blogs that collect the massive amount of activities around Pharo.
- https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com Everything you wanted to know about http://www.pharo.org without being forced to read 1000 mails
In addition there is more technical blog about the VM
If you have any question regarding Pharo, do not hesitate to post in the Pharo mailing-lists or on Discord Team (Invitation at http://discord.gg/Sj2rhxn). You may use StackOverflow but Pharoers do not use it much and prefer the mailing-list or discord. Be sure to tag your question with the pharo tag, so that your question is not lost amongst all the questions on StackOverflow.
- Monthly Pharo Newsletter (archive here)
- The Pharo-users (browse) mailing list is for users of Pharo. It is a friendly place where any question about Pharo is welcome.
- The Pharo-dev (browse) mailing-list is the main tool of communication concerning the development of Pharo.
- The mailing-list archives (nicely sorted and searchable) are: http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/
We hangout on Discord (Invitation at http://discord.gg/Sj2rhxn) , where we discuss everything for Pharo users and developers.
You can get an instant invite following this link.
Teachers and Research Groups
There are several companies worldwide using Pharo.
Pharoers often save their project
- on SmalltalkHub (You can get a list of most of the projects of SmalltalkHub List of Projects)
- or on http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/
- or GitHub
We are in the process of setting up a commercial support infrastructure for Pharo. For more information, please contact the Pharo Board.