Pharo is a minimal, elegant, pure, reflective object language (and fully open-source).
- Yes in Pharo they are only objects! Nothing else
- Yes the complete syntax of Pharo fits on a postcard and
- Yes we code in the debugger and Pharo has super cool tools that empower you and make you super efficient
Check what it means to develop Pharo if you want to have a better understanding.
Pharo's goal is to deliver a clean, innovative, free, and open-source immersive environment. Here is the to be revised Pharo vision document.
By providing a stable and small core system, excellent developing tools, and maintained releases, Pharo is an attractive platform to build and deploy mission-critical applications.
Pharo fosters a healthy ecosystem of both private and commercial contributors who advance and maintain the core system and its external packages.
As of June 2023, there are 1,155 repositories matching Pharo -- see https://github.com/topics/pharo. Please make sure your Pharo project mention Pharo!
- A dynamic, pure, reflective object-oriented programming language in the tradition of Smalltalk
- An IDE (integrated development environment)
- A huge library and set of external packages
Check the great page Feature explained
Pharo and Business
The goal of Pharo is to sustain and grow business around Pharo.
- Pharo is supported by the industrial Pharo consortium - http://consortium.pharo.org
- Pharo has also an association of users: Pharo association - http://association.pharo.org
Pharo is open-source
Do not forget to sign the license agreement
For more information, do not hesitate to contact [email protected].
The role of the board is to take decisions if in the future the community can't decide on a course of action.