Download Pharo Launcher
The fastest way to get a working Pharo environment: image (an object space with Pharo Core libraries) + virtual machine is to use Pharo Launcher. Pharo Launcher is a tool allowing you to easily download Pharo core images (Pharo stable version, Pharo development version, old Pharo versions, Pharo Mooc) and automatically get the appropriate virtual machine to run these images.
Installation instructions are available within the documentation: https://pharo-project.github.io/pharo-launcher/installation/
While there is a zeroconf installation that works for many Linux distributions, due the richness of its ecosystem, not all of them are covered for it. Pharo uses Open Build Service to provide packages for many distributions:
- Install Pharo stable VM (Full). This package will install pharo vm, the pharo-ui script and all its dependencies.
- Install Pharo stable VM. This package will install the pharo vm.
- Pharo images need to be downloaded separately here.
Zeroconf scripts automatically download everything you need to get started. It will recognize your platform and load the appropriate VM version. This is very useful when doing automated builds with a continuous integration server.
# 64bit version curl -L https://get.pharo.org/64/ | bash # or if curl is not available: wget -O- https://get.pharo.org/64 | bash
# 32bit version curl -L https://get.pharo.org | bash # or if curl is not available: wget -O- https://get.pharo.org | bash
Have a look at the Zeroconf Website for more information.
You can download the Pharo VM and image as separated packages.
- Pharo stable VM for Windows: 64bit (default) | 32bit
- Pharo stable VM for macOS: Intel 64bit | Apple Silicon (default)
- Pharo stable VM for Linux: 64bit (default) | 32bit (WARNING: This linux builds were made for Debian based distributions, in any other case, we recommend to use the OBS based package).
- Pharo image: 64bit (default) | 32bit
Downloads of previous versions are available on the Pharo file server.