Square Bracket Books
The dedicated Pharo Books website references the published and in-progress books about Pharo.
The Pharo Mooc
The Pharo Mooc contains more than 60 lecture videos and 30 videos explaining the environment. It includes exercises, miniprojects, challenges and quiz. Worth 180 KEuros to produce it. Ready and free for teachers.
All the information you need to install, use and contribute to Pharo Launcher. Link
Use the Syntax Cheat Sheet
All the syntax and model explained on two pages!
Monthly Pharo TechTalk
There is a online TechTalk every last Tuesday of the month.
See a list of upcoming talks here.
Lean back and watch Pharo screencasts.
For Ruby people:
- 7 minutes of Pharo Smalltalk for Rubyists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOuZyOKa91o
- MountainFest 2014 talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaKZBr0ga4
Some introductory casts:
- Create a class (by Kilon)
- Instance variables (by Kilon)
- Workspace variables (by Kilon)
- Playlist for all Kilon Tutorialsm)
- TDD Kata FizzBuzz (by zeroflag)
- TDD Example (by Martin)
Slides of presentations related to Pharo.
Some good talks:
- Pharo Status (Fosdem 2015) (by Marcus)
- Video Pharo: Playing with Live Objects (by Tudor)
- Objects at your finger tips [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
- Pharo 4 plans and dreams [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
- Perfection & Feedback Loops [Watch the video] (by Marcus)
Pharo is used in both industry and research. We are starting to collect all publications about Pharo or using Pharo.